Registration for the Spring 2023 season is open.
- If you’ve played or pre-registered with us before please visit your My Pinelanders page. If you have an account but don’t have your link saved click here to recover it.
- If you plan to join us as a new member and you don’t have a My Pinelanders account, please click or tap the green Pre-Register button below and we’ll set up an account for you. You can do this at any time.
Please share our registration flyer with anyone who may be interested.
Here’s the latest info from our Registration twitter feed.
Our outdoor soccer program is a recreational league for players up to age 18. All games are played at Hugh Hoffman fields on Adelphia-Farmingdale Road (Rt 524) in north Howell.
You can find information about our programs and answers to your questions on these pages:
Our programs depend on parents to volunteer as coaches, and we always need help – especially in the younger divisions. If we don’t have enough coaches we can’t field teams. If you’re interested in helping and you’d like to know more please see our Coaching Q&A page. If you have more questions after that please contact David Applegate. To sign up please complete the Coaching page in the My Pinelanders Registration Center.
All-Girl & Co-Ed Divisions
- Girls who will be aged 5-14 on April 1st (Spring season) or October 1st (Fall season) can choose to play all-girl or co-ed.
- Our teams in the U4 Introductory division and the 4-year-old age-group (U5) are all co-ed.
- We will not have an all-girl option for girls who will be aged 15 or older on April 1st (Spring) or October 1st (Fall) – they will play in the co-ed U19 division.
- In some other age-groups we are occasionally unable to field an all-girl team, depending on the number of players registering and the number of parents volunteering to coach.
- Very few girls choose to play co-ed soccer in the younger divisions. This means that if you choose co-ed, your daughter is likely to be on a team where she is the only girl, or there may be only one other girl. Please think carefully before making this choice, as our policy is to avoid moving players between teams once assignments have been made.
Withdrawals & Refunds
- You can withdraw your child and receive a full refund less $3 per player any time until the withdrawal deadline shown on our Season Plans page.
- If you voluntarily withdraw your child after the withdrawal deadline and before he/she has been assigned you will incur an additional charge of $10 per player withdrawn.
- Once your child has been assigned to a team you will not receive a refund if you withdraw him/her.
- If your child is on the waiting list and we can’t place him/her, then you will receive a full refund.
For more information see our Fees & Refunds Policy.
- $80 per player for the first two players in a family.
- $40 for additional players.
- $40 per player for the Challenger program.
Late registration fee:
- $10 per player additional charge for any players registered after Sunday July 31st.
- $15 per player for registrations received after Sunday August 21st.
A registration is complete if you have registered, paid, and (first season only) provided a copy of your child’s birth certificate, or other proof-of-age. No player will be assigned if his/her registration is incomplete.
If you have an outstanding “red” or “blue” volunteer status from a prior season you will not be able to register your child until you have completed a makeup volunteer activity. During the Indoor soccer season (January through early March) we often need help with setting up the gym. In July we may be able to use some help with our soccer camp. The only other activity that will be available before the start of the season is Grounds Preparation day.
Please check your main My Pinelanders page for your registration status and volunteer history. If you have questions please contact the Registrar.
How to Register
1. You need a My Pinelanders account
If you’ve never played with us or pre-registered please complete the pre-registration form at https://www.pinelanders.com/admin/prereg. We’ll set up an account for you and send you an e-mail message when it’s ready. This may take a day or so to arrive, so please be patient.
If you already have a My Pinelanders account please do not pre-register again. You can retrieve your link by completing the short form at https://www.pinelanders.com/my/?register. If this results in an error because your e-mail address or your primary phone number has changed then go ahead and pre-register again, but please be sure to check the box to say that this is not a new pre-registration.
When you receive your My Pinelanders link by e-mail please add it to your browser’s favorites or bookmarks list, as you’ll need to use it often.
2. Provide proof-of-age for your child
We need proof-of-age before you can register your child. Acceptable documents are:
- birth certificate
- inoculation record
- baptismal certificate
The document must clearly show the child’s name and date-of-birth, and must clearly be authentic. We will not accept a document if we can’t be sure it’s a genuine official document.
You can find information about uploading or mailing the document in the Registration Center.
Please provide proof-of-age as soon as possible, as you won’t be able to register your child until we’ve verified his/her age.
3. Register your child to play
On your My Pinelanders home page click the Registration link to go to the Registration Center and sign up for the season. If you’re interested in coaching please be sure to sign up for that too!
4. Make your payment
Once you’ve registered you’ll be able to pay on-line, through PayPal.
- You don’t need a PayPal account – if you don’t have one you’ll be able to pay with a credit or debit card.
- If you prefer not to pay on-line you can mail your check, but please do so immediately.
- If you need to delay payment please let us know – your registration will be voided if you don’t pay and you don’t respond to reminders.
- IMPORTANT: It’s better to register early and let us know you need time to pay than to delay registration. The earlier you register the higher your child’s registration priority will be.
When you return to your My Pinelanders home page you’ll see a summary of your registration status. If you see a red dot on the Registration tab it means your registration is incomplete.
6. Watch your e-mail and visit your My Pinelanders page regularly
We’ll send you e-mail updates regularly as we get close to the start of the season, but you’ll always find up-to-date information on your My Pinelanders page.
In particular, the status marker on the Registration tab should be green – if you didn’t pay on-line it will be red initially, but it will turn green as soon as we receive your payment.
And if your child is in one of our youngest divisions and you’ve made a placement request you’ll eventually find the request and any response on your Home page. Please watch for it, as we cannot communicate individually with everyone.