Pinelanders Soccer Camp 2020
Our camp will run each evening Monday–Friday July 20–24, starting at 5:30PM, at Pinelanders’ fields at 449 Adelphia-Farmingdale Road in north Howell. Click here for a map. Our camp will again be run by Mike Turtle and the popular Soccer Specific Training team (SST).
Please read all information on this page carefully.
Registration is now closed. Camp is canceled.
Registration Eligibility & Schedule
Important COVID-19 Notes
- Information on this page may change at any time. Please check frequently for changes.
- All registrations are provisional. We cannot guarantee that the camp will be held or completed.
- Camp will be canceled if New Jersey does not enter Phase 4 of its COVID-19 re-opening program by July 6th, or if there is a spike in local cases before or during camp, or if we receive insufficient registrations to make the camp viable.
- We will not take payments until July 9th, and you will have plenty of time to withdraw before camp starts.
- Pinelanders and SST will monitor registration by age-group, and we may close it partially or completely at any time, or revoke registrations on a last-registered basis, to avoid over-crowding in any area of the field.
- Click here for details of SST’s “Return to Play” plan.
Registration will be open on the following provisional schedule:
- Thursday July 2nd to Wednesday July 8th: Provisional registration is open to families with one or more children who:
- Completed at least one past season in our outdoor soccer program
- OR were registered for the Spring 2020 season
- OR participated in our Summer 2019 Soccer Camp
- Thursday July 9th to Sunday July 12th:
- General registration, if space permits.
- Monday July 13th and following:
- Registration closed. No mail-in or walk-in registrations will be accepted.
- Unpaid registrations will be canceled.
Payment for all registrations will be taken on-line between July 9th and July 12th. Registrations that are not paid by July 12th will be canceled.
Once payment has been made any necessary refunds will be subject to a processing fee of $3 for the Munchkin program and $4 for the Youth Instructional Program, to cover non-recoverable PayPal fees.
How to Register
Registration must be made through your My Pinelanders account – see the Camp news item on your home page for details. If you’ve lost your My Pinelanders link click here to recover it.
If you’ve never pre-registered or registered for a Pinelanders program please click here to pre-register, and we’ll set up a My Pinelanders account for you.
The camp is open to children of eligible families who will be aged from 2 to 16 on October 1st. Although our camp will be held in July, this cutoff date has been chosen to align with the divisions we use in our regular outdoor seasons, so that players who play with us in the Fall season will learn with other players who will play in the same division.
Please note that there are no all-girl classes: boys and girls will learn together.
Program content will be modified as needed to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
Times: 5:30 – 7:00 PM Monday to Friday
The Munchkin camp is for children who will be aged four or younger on October 1st – these children will be eligible to play in the Pinelanders Under-4 or Under-5 divisions in the Fall.
Children as young as two can register, but they must be out of diapers and ready to learn in an organized program.
The Munchkin program is designed to introduce soccer to younger children in a fun, non-competitive atmosphere. The focus is to work on fundamental skills of the game:
Youth Instructional Program
Times: 5:30 – 8:30 PM Monday to Friday
The Youth Instructional camp is for players who will be aged five to sixteen on October 1st. These are players who will be eligible for the Pinelanders Under-6 and older divisions if they register for our Fall season.
Players will learn in groups corresponding to the Pinelanders co-ed divisions.
This camp will focus on a mix of entry-level technical skill development. We will work in progression to take players’ technical & tactical skills to the next level, with an emphasis on game fundamentals:
Fees & Refunds
- Munchkin program: $83 (includes a non-refundable processing fee of $3)
- Youth Instructional program: $139 (includes a non-refundable processing fee of $4)
Families who register more than one player will qualify for a multi-player discount of 10% for the second and subsequent players, subject to the following conditions:
- Players must be registered at the same time, on the same registration form.
- The non-discounted “first player” fee will be the fee for the higher-priced program if a family registers players in both programs.
Withdrawals & Refunds
- Withdrawals will be accepted for a refund (minus processing fees*) until Sunday July 19th. No refunds will be given for voluntary withdrawal made after that time. Withdrawal notifications must be sent to email@example.com.
- If SST has to cancel the remainder of camp for any reason a refund of 75% of the daily fee (minus processing fees*) will be given for each full day lost.
*NOTE: All refunds made for any reason are subject to a per-player processing fee of $3 for Munchkin program and $4 for Youth Instructional program, to cover non-recoverable PayPal fees.
Need More Information?
If you have questions please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.